Computer Science Project Topics (Java & PHP Projects)
1. COLLEGE MANAGEMENT PLATFORM USING AN ERP SYSTEM
ERP management system is used by schools and colleges to manage their daily activities; the management of employees, students, books and library records, parents’ details, assignments, admission process, results and reports, exams, events, attendance, timetable, fees and other reports. This system provides one-point access to manage the wide range of activities in colleges effectively and efficiently.
• This system is easy to understand.
• It is user friendly.
• Fosters better management of data
• Students have to log in to their account daily.
• Active internet connection is required to access the system.
2. SECURE E-LEARNING APPLYING DATA MINING TECHNIQUES
Secure E learning has 2 parts; data security and user flexibility. E-learning has a huge database that carries lots of student records, course records, course materials and so on. In this system, user security is provided by the Admin. The admin authorizes candidates’ access to the system. By using file encryption and decryption, course materials on this system are secured. This makes it impossible for users outside the platform to access the materials.
• This system is secure.
• There is good communication between learner and faculty.
• Provides better knowledge and better experiences.
3. USER BEHAVIORAL ANALYSIS THROUGH SESSION WEB MINING
This project is used to extract the user sessions from the created session file and depending on the sessions created, the user behavior is predicted by displaying the most visited page or product. This process requires 3 stages; data cleaning, user identification and session identification.
• Reduces users’ research time.
• Provides adequate research data
4. USING COLLABORATIVE FILTERING FOR ONLINE BOOKING RECOMMENDATION USING PHP
This online book database helps its users purchase books online via a recommendation system. The recommendation system helps the system increase profit and retain buyers. This system uses features of collaborative filtering to produce efficient and effective recommendations.
• This system helps customers save time.
• Provides variety of options for books and also recommends books.
• The system allows for online payment making it easy for its users to buy books.
• The system recommends algorithm scale with co-rated items.
• The system depends on ratings from humans for books.
5. USING DATA MINING PHP FOR MOVIE SUCCESS PREDICTION
This system uses a mathematical model for predicting the success class of movies. Movies are categorized as either flop, hit or super hit on the basis of their success. To actually tell the success rate of a movie using this system, the historical data of each component of that movie such as; the actors, actresses, director, and music that in one way or the other may affect the success of the movie must be assessed. The Admin has the sole responsibility and authority of adding the film crew data, movie data of a particular film crew, new movie data and film crew details as well as the release date of the movie.
• This system enables one to find out the reviews and predictions of the new movie.
• Allows user to decide whether to book movie tickets.
• Users can predict the success of a movie before its official release.
6. CENSORING SUSPICIOUS DISCUSSIONS ON ONLINE FORUMS
This online communication channel provides an effective method for identifying illegal activities such as copyrighted movies, threatening messages and fraud activities on the internet by using an algorithm. This system monitors and analyses online plain ex sources such as internet news and blogs for security purposes with the help of text mining concepts. After the analysis, the system classifies the texts into different groups and decides which post is legal or illegal.
• This system reduces illegal activities on the internet.
• Provides security for many websites.
• This system provides good evidence for investigation.
• If the internet connection fails, this system would not work.
7. FAKE PRODUCT REVIEW MONITORING & REMOVAL SYSTEM USING JAVA
This system is used to identify fake reviews/comments concerning a product by identifying the IP address along with review posting patterns. A user is allowed to login the system using his ID and password, view various products and give reviews about the products. The system will find out if the review is fake or genuine by tracking the IP address of that user and observing if fake reviews have been sent with that IP address multiple times. If the review is fake, the system will inform the admin to remove that review.
• Fake review can be deleted.
• User is encouraged to spend money on valuable products.
• User can post their own reviews.
• If different IP address is used to send the fake reviews, the system has no means of tracking it.
8. USING ASSOCIATE CLASSIFICATION FOR DETECTING E-BANKING PHISHING
This application can be used by e-commerce enterprises in order to make an online transaction process safe and secure. This application helps to detect Phishing websites that demand for details from their users for malicious reasons. The data mining algorithm used in this system provides better performance when compared to other traditional algorithms.
• Users can make online transactions with maximum security.
• The system can be used by many E-commerce websites to gain good customer relationship.
• All E-commerce website data would be stored in one place.
• If there is a failure in internet connection, the system would not work.
9. USING WEB MINING AS A COMMODITY SEARCH SYSTEM FOR ONLINE SHOPPING
This project serves to use web mining techniques in E-shopping. This system proposes a search system to be used to track consumer demand. This study results indicate that the commodity search system could assist consumers to search for commodities and provide historical prices alongside information of the commodity for consumers to decide.
• The users can easily make their search for products to purchase.
10. ONLINE SECURE AUCTION SYSTEM USING JAVA AND PHP
This application is used to treat any form of fraud at online auctions via a binary classification. To buy products online, a user provides his personal details such as email address, license number, PAN number. The system allows only valued users to have bidding authority thus, preventing frauds or theft incidences in online auctions.
• The system allows only verified persons to participate in auctions.
• Can detect fraudulent buyers and sellers in early stages and take steps to eradicate them.
• The products for auction do not need any physical location.
• Authorized users can participate from any location.
• Only the pictures and some details of the product can be viewed on the auction website by the customers.
11. USING RFID FOR SCHOOL SECURITY SYSTEM (SSS)
This application ensures that students are safe by making their parents aware of their whereabouts in school. This includes making parents aware of their children’s arrival time and dismissal time from school. To achieve this, the system uses RFID technology to track the students and ensure their safety within selected zones.
• This system ensures the security of students.
• Reduces crime occurrences.
• Reduces worries among parents.
12. FILTERING POLITICAL SENTIMENT IN SOCIAL MEDIA FROM TEXTUAL INFORMATION
This project serves to enable people understand the sentiments to any social media post on politics. A dictionary consisting of unique words collected from political and nonpolitical posts is first prepared and then trained using Naïve Bayes algorithm based on probability theory. The sentiment in a new post or comment is identified by extracting each word from the post and matching them with the dictionary word.
• This system is used to classify posts or comments accurately.
• The system filter is limited by inputted words in the dictionary
13. USING FUZZY LOGIC FOR EVALUATION OF ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF STUDENTS
This system is used to evaluate the academic performance of students. With a fuzzy logic-based performance evaluation method, evaluation is carried out. This system uses 3 parameters which are; attendance, internal marks and external marks.
• This is a more accurate method for evaluation compared to other conventional methods.
• This system allows errors to be corrected.
• If wrong data is entered for attendance or marks, it may cause problems in accuracy of evaluation.
14. USING OPINION MINING FOR DOCUMENT SENTIMENT ANALYSIS
This system uses natural language processing and text analysis to identify and extract subjective information in source materials. Sentiment analysis aims at determining the attitude of a speaker or a writer in relation to a topic or the overall contextual polarity of a document. This system also scans documents in order to analyze the sentiment of the user.
• The sentiment of the user is better analyzed by performing sentiment analysis on the documents.
15. USING K MEANS FOR CRIME RATE PREDICTION
This system offers a way to reduce crime rate in the society through the introduction of a data mining algorithm to predict crime. K-means algorithm reduces crime by clustering co-offenders, collaboration and dissolution of organized crime groups, identifying various relevant crime patterns, hidden links, link prediction and statistical analysis of crime data. Data mining will extract information and patterns from database to help predict if, where and when the crime will reoccur in the future.
• Helps to reduce crime in the society.
• Saves time.
• System is user friendly.
• System cannot be accessed without internet connection.
• If the admin doesn’t enter correct information, the system will produce incorrect feedback.