BIBLIOGRAPHIC SURVEY ON ACADEMIC STAFF UNION OF POLYTECHNIC (ASUP) STRIKE IN NIGERIA
Down through the ages, education has always been at the forefront of human existence, which entails that without education in this 21st century, its really going to be hard for the youths to make through for a better future.
According to Longman dictionary “ education” can be defined as the process of teaching and learning usually at school, college or university, polytechnics on its own is an edifice of teaching and learning.
Strike also was defined as a situation whereby a groups of workers stop working for a period of time because they want a better pay or better working conditions. The 2011-2014 academic staff union of polytechnics (ASUP) strike was taken upon because the conditions which they expected the federal government to work on so as to enhance teaching in the various polytechnics in the country was overlooked and not paid attention to by the government.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
TITLE PAGE i
APPROVAL PAGE ii
TABLE OF CONTENT 9
BIBLIOGRAPHY ENTRIES 1
AUTHOR INDEX 5
CHRONOLOGICAL INDEX 6
SOURCE INDEX 7
SUBJECT INDEX 8
BREAKDOWN OF THE ASUP STRIKE
- Direct Action.
DEFINITION OF BREAKDOWN
- Preparation/embarking: according to Longman dictionary, these two subjects can be used to ascertain/ talk about something starting now. It means starting something new for any reason.
- Appeal: oxford learner’s dictionary also defines an appeal as an urgent public request regarding a particular matter.
- Resolution: The dictionary stands firmly to define this as an act and behaviour of being resolution. Therefore, being resolute also is defined to mean being determined not to change what you are doing because you are sure that you are right.
- Violence: This can be define as an act of being violent in the oxford learners dictionary, being violent/an act of violence can be define as involving actions that are intended to injure or kill people or are likely to hurt them too.
- Direction: This can be defined as a way of taking or involving major steps and particular decisions either to enhance or effect the present situation being faced at hand.
- 2013. The ASUU, ASUP strike. Daily Sun. 9th July. P. 9.
- Adesuole, Dayo, 2013. ASUP may resume strike, unless. Vanguard. 18th P.12.
- Ojiego, Nnemdi. 2013. ASUP: is strike still the best option. Vanguard. 9th P.10.
- Chukwuka, Chinedu. 2012. ASUP Strike: why has the press forsaken us? Daily Sun. 9th P.33.
- Ekpunobi, Dom. 2011. Unizik alumni chairman appeals to striking poly lectures. Daily Sun. 8th P.48.
- Onwudinso, Emeka. 2013. Stop paying lop service to polytechnic education ASUP tells FG. Daily Sun. 9th P.36.
- Adesulu, Dayo. 2013. ASUP, ASUU strikes ground varsities polytechnics. Vanguard. 4th P.12.
- Madukwe, Bartholomew. 2013. Strike: ASUP remains adamant says no going back on demands. Vanguard. 2nd P.11.
- Ademola, Tayo. 2014. ASUP/ASUU arises: varsities turn ghost towns poly students fear fresh strike. Vanguard. 22nd P.10.
- Adesulu, Dayo. 2012. Strike: Varsity, poly students protest in Lagos block roads. Vanguard. May 10th. P.40.
- Arenyeka,Laju. 2013. ASUP Strike: Goodluck as protesting students storm Lagos road. Vanguard. July 10th. P.10.
- Olatunji, David. 2014. Strike: Travelers stranded as poly students protest. Vanguard. 28th P.6.
- Adesulu, Dayo. 2013. ASUP suspends strike. Vanguard. July 16th. P.12.
- Adesulu, Dayo. 2014. ASUP exco meets on strike today. Vanguard. June 16th. P.10.
- Adesulu, Dayo. 2013. Senator move to end 67 – day ASUP strike. Vanguard. July 8th. P.15.
- Adesulu, Dayo. 2013. Senator wades into ASUP strike. Vanguard. 9th P.20.
- Agbakwuru, Johnbosco. 2014. For not read to implement agreement ASUP. Vanguard. 19th P.41.
- Ojiego, Nnamdi. 2012. ASUP Strike: Polytechnic Slam media over block out. Vanguard. 3rd P.6.
- Okoro, Judex. 2013. ASUP suspends strike, ASUU adamant. Vanguard. 17th P.22.
- SONI, Daniel. 2013. ASUP Strike: Arena youths ask education minister to resign. Vanguard. 26th P.16.