COMMUNITY OF INQUIRY AND PHILOSOPHY FOR CHILDREN (COI P4C) AS A TOOL FOR RE-BRANDING EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM
COIP4C is an educative approach that helps to stimulate the thinking capacity of children and motivates them in reasoning. With P4C method, everybody is an inquirer or philosopher. The main goal of P4C is to seek for truth and clarity of ideas. No truth is the absolute and this method of educating children in the classroom is what will help to bridge the missing link in the chain of education and that is reasonableness.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
There is a popular saying that no nation can rise above its level of education, if Nigeria wants to achieve greatness, and if she wants to build a solid foundation for her children, it is time to seek for appropriate solution to her existing problem.It is a well known fact that Nigerian’s education suffers functional stagnation because of the static and passive method of administration in formal education. The Nigerian education negates and neglects those for whom the curriculum is meant for. There is always over concentration on the educator, the teacher instead of the students is always fixed at the centre of the curriculum. This research work seeks to inform people on how “COIP4C can be used to rebrand the problems in Nigerian system of education.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Nigerian system of education is in shambles because of inappropriate approach towards solving educational problems. Valuable democratic principles are not practiced in our educational system. People no longer live with the spirit of brotherhood. Many people want to become noticed, nobody wants to listen and care for his brothers’ ideas and existence. The point of inquiry is ‘if everybody is talking who critically analyzes, evaluates and understands his neighbor?
1.3 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
This study seeks to look into the problems devastating Nigerian educational system and how COI P4C can help in re-branding.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The study is important because it will help to enlighten our educational administrators and curriculum planners on the right dimension to follow in order to solve the existing problems in Nigerian educational system.
1.5 TARGET AUDIENCE
The study is meant for
1) The students teachers
2) The teacher educators
3) The curriculum planners
4) The educational administrators.
1.6 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
1) In what ways can we implant the spirit of caringness, belonginess, cooperation and collaboration in classroom activities?
2) How can build good teacher-student relationship?
3) Can the principle of COI P4C improve teacher’s effectiveness?
4) Can the principles of COI P4C improve student’s effectiveness?
5) To what extent can COI P4C values help to improve teaching methodology in various schools?
Using our service/resources is LEGAL and IS NOT prohibited.
You are allowed to use the original model papers you will receive in the following ways:
1. As a source for additional understanding of the subject.
2. As a source for ideas for your own research (if properly referenced).
3. For PROPER paraphrasing (see your university definition of plagiarism and acceptable paraphrase)
4. Direct citing (if referenced properly)
Thank you so much for your respect to the authors copyright.