Xiaomi 12 Lite 5G VS Xiaomi 11 Lite 5G NE
Finally, the Xiaomi 12 series has an affordable smartphone. The model called Xiaomi 12 Lite, which debuted in the second half of July, replaced the Xiaomi 11 Lite 5G NE released in 2021. What is the difference between these two smartphones and which of them is better to choose in 2022, we will tell you right now.
- That year's Xiaomi 11 Lite 5G NE received a much thinner and lighter body compared to its successor and can confidently claim the title of one of the lightest devices on the market. This fact makes it more attractive than the new Xiaomi 12 Lite. Moreover, the old smartphone has protection against dust and moisture in accordance with the IP53 standard.
- As for the Xiaomi 12 Lite, due to reduced frames around the edges of the display, it looks a little more compact than its predecessor, although the screen size remains the same. At the same time, it is heavier and thicker than last year's model.
- And in the case of Xiaomi 12 Lite and 11 Lite 5G NE, you should not count on premium class materials. Both smartphones are dressed in a case made of inexpensive polycarbonate plastic.
- At first glance, it may seem that the display of the Xiaomi 11 Lite 5G NE has migrated to the 12 Lite, but in fact the only thing in common between the screens of these two smartphones is their diagonal and extension. The display of last year's “light” flagship supports only one billion colors, while the screen of the new one is capable of displaying up to 68 billion colors. In addition, the Xiaomi 12 Lite has a fingerprint scanner integrated directly into the display, while the predecessor has it combined with the power button on the side. The display refresh rate of the new smartphone is 120 Hz against 90 Hz of the previous generation.
- Both smartphones are equipped with 6.55-inch AMOLED panels with Full HD+ resolution, HDR10+ support, and Corning Gorilla Glass of the fifth generation.
Hardware and Software
- In terms of hardware, there have been no special changes, except that the new smartphone has lost the microSD memory card slot. Both models are based on the Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G mobile platform, which is built on a 6-nanometer process and includes an eight-core processor with a clock frequency of up to 2,4 GHz and Adreno 642L graphics accelerator. The chip company consists of 8 GB of RAM and up to 256 GB of built-in UFS 2.2 memory.
- As for the software, the Xiaomi 11 Lite 5G NE, released in 2021, comes with the latest Android 11 and MIUI 12.5 on board at the time of its debut. But Xiaomi 12 Lite can boast of fresh Android 12 with MIUI 13 proprietary firmware installed on top.
Leaving the old processor, the manufacturer decided to update the cameras seriously. So, the new Xiaomi 12 Lite is equipped with a 108-megapixel main camera, which is accompanied by an 8-megapixel sensor with an ultra-wide-angle lens and a 2-megapixel macro camera, and in front of the smartphone there is a 32-megapixel selfie camera. As for Xiaomi 11 Lite 5G NE, it is equipped with 64-megapixel main and 20-megapixel front cameras.
Xiaomi also increased the battery capacity of the new smartphone. The Xiaomi 12 Lite is now powered by a 4,300mAh battery with support for 67W charging, while the Xiaomi 11 Lite 5G NE is limited to 33W charging power.
The Xiaomi 12 Lite will go on sale in the global market starting at $400, while the Xiaomi 11 Lite 5G NE can be found now for less than $300.
Benefits of Xiaomi 11 Lite 5G NE:
- Lower price;
- Protection against dust and moisture according to the IP53 standard;
- Slot for microSD memory card;
- Slim and light body.
Disadvantages of Xiaomi 11 Lite 5G NE:
- Worse than the camera;
- Less battery.
Benefits of Xiaomi 12 Lite:
- Camera is better;
- Bigger battery;
- Higher charging speed.
Disadvantages of Xiaomi 12 Lite:
- High price.