Crime Records Management System – JAVA Project
1. Introduction about the project
The project titled as “Online Crime Records Management” is a web-based application. This software provides facility for reporting online crimes, complaints, missing persons, show mostwanted person details mailing as well as chatting. Any Number of clients can connect to the server. Each user first makes their login to sever to show their availability. The server can be any Web Server. An SMTP Server must be maintained for temporary storage of emails and chat jar files for enable the chatting facilities. The main modules in this project
- Registered Users
The visitor module includes,
- View Hotnews: This module helps the visitor to see the latest hotnews which can update by the admin.
The registered user module includes,
- Add Complaint: This module helps the user to report online complaints.
- Add Crime report: This module helps the user to report online crimes.
- Add Missing person: This module helps the user to report online missing persons details also we must add photos of missing person using hetrogenious database.
- View Missing persons: This module help the user to view all the missing person details.
- View Mostwanted persons: This module help the user to view all mostwanted persons which can be given by the administrator.
- Edit Complaint: This module help the user to edit his complaint details.
- Edit Account: This module help the user to update his or her profile.
- View complaint status: This module allows us to view the status of all complaint that you have posted earlier.
- View crime status: This module allows us to view the status of the all crimes that you have posted earlier.
- Add and View feedback: This module helps the user to add and view feedbacks
- Chat: This module help the user to chat with the administrator or with other registered users
- Mail: This module helps the user to send mail to the administrator.
The administrator module includes,
- View and reply user complaint: This module helps the admin to view and reply user’s complaint details
- View and reply user crimes: This module helps the admin to view and reply user’s crimes details
- New admin: This module used for add new admin
- Add and delete latest hotnews: This module helps the admin to add and delete latest hotnews.
- View and delete user’s feedback: This module helps the amin to add and delete user’s feedback
- Add, delete and view mostwanted persons: This module helps the amin to add, delete and view mostwanted person details
- Add, delete and view missing persons: This module helps the amin to add, delete and view missing person details
- Add and view Criminal registeration: This module helps the amin to add and view criminal registrations
- Add and view FIR: This module helps the amin to add and view Fir reports
- Add and view history sheet: This module helps the amin to add and view history reports
- View and delete all complaint reply: This module helps the amin to view and delete complaint reply.
- Add and view prisoner report: This module helps the amin to add and prisoner reports
- Change password: This module helps the amin to update his or her password
- Chat: This module help the admin to chat with the administrator or with other registered users
- Mail: This module helps the user to send mail to the user.
2. Organization overview
Srishti Systems is a Software and Web Development Company which provides technology solutions and professional software for clients worldwide. Srishti focus on quality, innovations and leverage deep industry and functional expertise to help customers to transform their highest-value business processes.
Our in-depth technical knowledge coupled with industry experience and the unique methodology enables us to successfully deliver the services to the clients worldwide. We are driven to attain our customer’s highest satisfaction by providing business experts with underlying delivery expertise in Enterprise Technology, Methodologies, and Implementations. Our core competencies are designed to effectively deliver results to our customers.
Srishti Training Center provides premier instructor-led IT training through a carefully balanced blend of hands-on lab exercises and lecture. Training is conducted in the comfortable classrooms at our training facility and client locations. Experienced instructors make training productive and enjoyable. Customizable courses and computer lab offer additional options for your training needs. We also provide project guidance for all academic students which help them to build a successful portfolio and start their IT journey successfully.
System analysis is a process of gathering and interpreting facts, diagnosing problems and the information to recommend improvements on the system. It is a problem-solving activity that requires intensive communication between the system users and system developers. System analysis or study is an important phase of any system development process. The system is studied to the minutest detail and analyzed. The system analyst plays the role of the interrogator and dwells deep into the working of the present system. The system is viewed as a whole and the input to the system are identified. The outputs from the organizations are traced to the various processes. System analysis is concerned with becoming aware of the problem, identifying the relevant and decisional variables, analyzing, and synthesizing the various factors and determining an optimal or at least a satisfactory solution or program of action.
A detailed study of the process must be made by various techniques like interviews, questionnaires etc. The data collected by these sources must be scrutinized to arrive to a conclusion. The conclusion is an understanding of how the system functions. This system is called the existing system. Now the existing system is subjected to close study and problem areas are identified. The designer now functions as a problem solver and tries to sort out the difficulties that the enterprise faces. The solutions are given as proposals. The proposal is then weighed with the existing system analytically and the best one is selected. The proposal is presented to the user for an endorsement by the user. The proposal is reviewed on user request and suitable changes are made. This is loop that ends as soon as the user is satisfied with proposal.
Preliminary study is the process of gathering and interpreting facts, using the information for further studies on the system. Preliminary study is problem solving activity that requires intensive communication between the system users and system developers. It does various feasibility studies. In these studies, a rough figure of the system activities can be obtained, from which the decision about the strategies to be followed for effective system study and analysis can be taken.
Here in the Email to Fax server project, a detailed study of existing system is carried along with all the steps in system analysis. An idea for creating a better project was carried and the next steps were followed.
3.1 Existing System
In the existing system only, we can see the details of particular information about the police stations in our state, the existing system has more workload for the authorized person, but in the case of Proposed System, the user can registered in our site and send the crimereport and complaint about a particular city or person.
3.2 Drawbacks of Existing System
- More manpower.
- Time consuming.
- Consumes large volume of pare work.
- Needs manual calculations.
- No direct role for the higher officials.
- Damage of machines due to lack of attention.
To avoid all these limitations and make the working more accurately the system needs to be computerized.
3.3 Proposed System
The aim of proposed system is to develop a system of improved facilities. The proposed system can overcome all the limitations of the existing system. The system provides proper security and reduces the manual work. The existing system has several disadvantages and many more difficulties to work well. The proposed system tries to eliminate or reduce these difficulties up to some extent. The proposed system will help the user to reduce the workload and mental conflict. The proposed system helps the user to work user friendly and he can easily do his jobs without time lagging.
3.4 Expected Advantages of Proposed System
The system is very simple in design and to implement. The system requires very low system resources, and the system will work in almost all configurations. It has got following features
- Ensure data accuracies.
- Proper control of the higher officials.
- Reduce the damages of the machines.
- Minimize manual data entry.
- Minimum time needed for the various processing.
- Greater efficiency.
- Better service.
- User friendliness and interactive.
- Minimum time required.
3.4.1 FEASIBILITY STUDY
Feasibility study is made to see if the project on completion will serve the purpose of the organization for the amount of work, effort and the time that spend on it. Feasibility study lets the developer foresee the future of the project and the usefulness. A feasibility study of a system proposal is according to its workability, which is the impact on the organization, ability to meet their user needs and effective use of resources. Thus, when a new application is proposed it normally goes through a feasibility study before it is approved for development.
The document provides the feasibility of the project that is being designed and lists various areas that were considered very carefully during the feasibility study of this project such as Technical, Economic and Operational feasibilities. The following are its features:
3.4.2 TECHNICAL FEASIBILITY
The system must be evaluated from the technical point of view first. The assessment of this feasibility must be based on an outline design of the system requirement in the terms of input, output, programs, and procedures. Having identified an outline system, the investigation must go on to suggest the type of equipment, required method developing the system, of running the system once it has been designed.
Technical issues raised during the investigation are:
- Does the existing technology sufficient for the suggested one?
- Can the system expand if developed?
The project should be developed such that the necessary functions and performance are achieved within the constraints. The project is developed within latest technology. Through the technology may become obsolete after some period of time, due to the fact that never version of same software supports older versions, the system may still be used. So there are minimal constraints involved with this project. The system has been developed using Java the project is technically feasible for development.
3.4.3 ECONOMIC FEASIBILITY
The developing system must be justified by cost and benefit. Criteria to ensure that effort is concentrated on project, which will give best, return at the earliest. One of the factors, which affect the development of a new system, is the cost it would require.
The following are some of the important financial questions asked during preliminary investigation:
- The costs conduct a full system investigation.
- The cost of the hardware and software.
- The benefits in the form of reduced costs or fewer costly errors.
Since the system is developed as part of project work, there is no manual cost to spend for the proposed system. Also, all the resources are already available, it gives an indication of the system is economically possible for development.
3.4.4 BEHAVIORAL FEASIBILITY
This includes the following questions:
- Is there sufficient support for the users?
- Will the proposed system cause harm?
The project would be beneficial because it satisfies the objectives when developed and installed. All behavioral aspects are considered carefully and conclude that the project is behaviorally feasible.