Design and Construction of a Digital Clock
The world as it stands now can be said to be digitalized in every ramification and as such this project is aimed at looking for the way to change the way the time of the day is computed and displayed to the end user. In this method a microcontroller PIC16F877A is being used and this will calculated the time based on the number of the internal instruction is has executed and reflect the result in digitalized form on a series of matrix seven segment display. Infra red signal will be the line of communication between the digital clock and the end user through which the digital clock’s time can be modify/set.
Operating basically on the mains power supply, a backup battery power supply will be inculcated to provide power supply to the entire power system in the absence of mains power supply.
AIM OF THE PROJECT
To design and construct microcontroller based digital clock for the real time dissemination.
To be able to calculate the time using microcontroller (16F877A)
To be able to interface a microcontroller to sharp remote control
To be able to display the date and time in a digitized form on a matrix 7 segment display
SCOPE OF STUDY
This project work is to cover the following area:
1. Demonstrate the principle of scanning in television system as applied to an electronic notice board.
2. Demonstrate the principle of multiplexing in data communication as applied to an electronic notice board.
3. Demonstrate the coding system of a bitmap image used in graphic work as applied to an electronic notice board.
4. Description of a computer system embedded on a single chip.
5. Features and limitations of such a computer system on a single chip.
6. Covers the assembly language understood by the microcontrollers.
7. Application of software compilers to microcontrollers.
8. Interfacing microcontroller with infra red remote control.
8. Effecting/controlling hardware with software and software with hardware-interfacing.
METHOD OF STUDY
The compilation of this project is as a result of research carried out using library for consultation of various textbooks, magazines and journals to source for useful information. Several internet websites were visited to get relevant information on the project topic. The amendment and testing of circuit as well as the construction of the whole project was done in the laboratory. The valuable and constructive guidelines, advices and instructions as provided by my project supervisor also helped achieved the set target.
Using this Service/Resources:
You are allowed to use the original model papers you will receive in the following ways:
1. As a source for additional understanding of the subject.
2. As a source for ideas for your own research work (if properly referenced).
3. For PROPER paraphrasing (see your university definition of plagiarism and acceptable paraphrase)
4. Direct citing (if referenced properly)
Thank you so much for your respect to the authors copyright.