Design and Implementation of a Software Based Students Bursary Award Processing System
Technology has proved beyond all reasonable doubt that computer technology application could remove the strenuous burden of paper work which have been affecting that Bursary award system of Udi local government. The accumulated files and others documents makes collection and disbursement of finance tedious and cumbersome when processed manually, after much observation on the activities of the students bursary award system. With the introduction of computers, an automated form of processing which makes processing easy is enhanced. It promotes prompt information retrieval and entry, accuracy is highly heightened and fraud can easily be dictated. The project will eliminate the problems by designing a suitable program (software) to handle those issues affecting the bursary, award section.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Table of contents
1.1 Statement of the problem
1.2 Purpose of the study
1.3 Significance of the study
1.4 Scope of the study
1.5 Limitations of the study
1.6 Definition of terms
2.0 Literature review
3.0 DESCRIPTION AND ANALYSIS OF THE EXISTING SYSTEM
3.1 Fact finding method used
3.2 Organizational structure
3.3 Objective of the existing system
3.4 Input, process, output analysis
3.5 Information flow diagram
3.6 Problem of the existing system
3.7 Justification for the new system
4.0 DESIGN OF THE NEW SYSTEM
4.1 Output specification and design
4.2 Input specification and design
4.3 File design
4.4 System flowchart
4.5 System requirement
5.1 Program design
5.2 Program flowcharts
5.4 Source program
5.5 Test rum
Recommendation and conclusion
In large organization such as Udi local government or Ogebe-Oogene local government, the finance and account system is the life wire of the administration. In other words, it is the process of controlling finance of the establishment with the aim achieving the following:
– To reduce errors in computation of the students bursary award system.
– To process payroll data.
– To control salary and wage expenses, which is the main aim of establishing the finance and account section of Udi local government council. Failure in achieving these objectives will be very big set back to the organization. Some of these outlined objectives above are difficult to achieve even though the organization is equipped with officers of higher integrity, many a times, manual accounting is bound to undergo series of set back either during processing or outputting storage or both. This calls for the design of an efficient and effective system which will go as far as achieving this set-out objective as mentioned above.
1.1 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The problem of using a manual system in the finance and account section of the bursary department result in the inability of the bursary staff to process documents on time and the difficulty in achieving an accurate result which is contrary to the use of an automated bursary award processing system. The design of this automated bursary award processing system will aid the processing files in time, and as well as the achievements of an accurate result in contrast to the manual process which is also cumbersome, time wasting and result manipulated.
1.2 PURPOSE FO STUDY
The purpose of these study are as follow:-
– To demonstrate the capabilities of computer.
– To explore the intricacies associated with software design.
– To aid for easy processing of students bursary award high level of accuracy.
– To modernize the former method of payment.
– To eradicate or minimize the problems encountered in the finance and account section of the bursary department.
1.3 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The significance of the study are as follows:-
– The study is of immense benefit for it will check mater fraud in the processing of bursar award.
– For maximization of output by increasing it’s input to process payroll data.
– Protect against fraud in payroll transaction.
1.4 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This study covers the computerized bursar award processing system in the finance and account section of Udi local government department.
Copyright © 2021 Author(s) retain the copyright of this article.
This article is published under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0