Design and Implementation of a Computerized Price Determining System
With the write of their great capacity and speed, computers have been extremely effective in processing massive quantities of accounting transactions and producing essential documents and reports. It is no wonder, insecure, that many managers, planners administrators, educationists, researchers, chief executives and business men now feel an urgent need for computer in their respective organization. In the save view, the objectives of this project is to incorporate computer into the processing of information at ROBAN STORES. Computerization of the store can remove wastage, guarantee quick service at service points of vital importance to the public and improve productivity. Such computerization effort often costs for less than the money and time it will save both the public and the organization.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
In every organization (ROBAN STORES) encounter numerous problems, which include keeping goods, maintaining, checking and having goods account records for gods in stock.
Despite the good maintenance in the manual stock control system at ROBAN STORES, there will arise great inefficiency in its accounting system, as well as its record updating system.
However, the main aim of this study is to incorporate computer into the daily operations of the store with reference to mainly it’s accounting system, as well as its stock control system and its day to day commercial operations.
With introduction and application of computer into the operations of the STORE the organization will be able to improve dramatically on its daily information and accounting system.
The above problems discovered therefore prompted to a software design to be able to add to existing stock and delete goods in stock collectively referred to as updating, as well as producing an accurate accounting system for the STORE.
1.3 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The purpose of this study is to design and implement a system that will eliminate the above problems such as misplacement of vital information, documents, records, duplications of efforts etc, and a lot of time is wasted or taking when locating and processing of vital files.
1.4 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The aims and objectives of this project report is to study how the organization (ROBAN STORES) operational aims and other activities and how they are executed.
In areas of misplacement of vital documents a computer will be used to record, store, retrieval of large volume of documents; which will reduce the duplications efforts due to in-accuracy in activities and time taken in locating of files when it is required for processing.
1.5 SCOPE OF THE PROBLEM
The researcher is limited to the study of computerized price determining system (ROBAN STORES, ENUGU)
The study is also limited to the limitation that is being acquired from (ROBAN STORES, ENUGU), more information were gathered from the write-ups of the existing system of back-up the study and design of the new system.
1.6 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
One to lack of time and resources, the study is limited to certain area concerning problems being encountered and gathering of information’s on how goods are being sold, or kept and how to process them using a computer.
This research was carried out with the assumption of the combusting that might arise in tackling stocks problem and computation inefficiencies.
For this purpose, the assumption reached was to design and implement a price determining software package that will eliminate and arrest any difficulties that involved in manual computation.
1.8 DEFINITION OF TERMS
- ALGORITHM: A logical of instructions, which are carried out in a fixed order to find the solution to a problem.
- COMPUTER SOFTWARE: A system software package that converts a problem oriented language to the language a computer understands.
- COMPUTER: An electronic data processing machine which can store and process information at very high speeds.
- COMPUTERIZATIONS: The use of computer to control an operation or system.
- DATA: These are units of observation which do not curvy any meaning
- DOS: An operating system that uses disk devices for permanent storage.
- FLOWCHART: A diagram in which particular shapes and connecting lines are used for showing how each particular action in a system is connected with one another.
- INFORMATION: Consists of facts resulting from processed data, providing knowledge relating to events or situation.
- PASSWORD: A secret word, which one has to know before he can access to a particular system.
- PROGRAM: Sets of instruction, which is used to solve a problem.
- SOFTWARE PACKAGE: A phrase used to define one or more programs or set of instructions.
Copyright © 2021 Author(s) retain the copyright of this article.
This article is published under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0