Design and Implementation of Petrol Pump Management System
Description of System
In Petrol pump management System use to maintain their sales detail, employee detail in files and folders. They use to keep the record of petrol and diesel sold, inventry, Customers, etc in a register. A daily register is maintained to keep track of sales.
Preparing report is very time consuming and tedious task. For searching of single record, whole register is to be searched which is very time consuming task.
Limitations Of Present System
As mentioned above most of details are maintained manually. Due to this the data retrieved is time consuming. Due to human calculation errors occur.
Even when the data is maintained on spreadsheet inconsistency occurs as an order might be missed or wrongly entered or twice.
Data are stride an excel sheet which takes lot of time and data may be corrupted.
As storage and exchange of data is achieved only by use of excel sheets which lack validation capabilities, there is always risk of invalid, inaccurate or incomplete data being fed in computer.
Difficulty in managing multiple forms.
Lack of security.
Proposed System – PETROL PUMP MANAGEMENT SYSTEM PROJECT
The proposed system is computerized and has been developed using advance language therefore it gives more facilities than present system. It provides quick access to any data. In this system user have to enter the data only once and then it get linked with all files. This reduces the workload of user and it is also a time saving process.
The information about any Subscriber can be easily retrieved. The system maintains all records easy.
Advantages of Proposed System:
All the information about sale, purchase, stock will be maintain properly in this system.
All manual calculation of sale or all the money management will be performed by the computer automatically.
This system will provide timely report information.
It will produce report for sale, bill and stock information.
The computer can hold amount of data in its storage device.
The operation and speed of the computer is very high.
We can calculate result and print any report within a seconds.
Any difficulties we can solve easily.
A database application can be stored in computer effectively.
It is very user friendly and easy to handle.
So the computerized system is more suitable than the manual system.
Feasibility Of Study – PETROL PUMP MANAGEMENT SYSTEM PROJECT
- Software Specification:-
Software requirements for this system are as listed follows:
v FRONTEND : Microsoft Visual Basic 8.0
v BACKEND : Microsoft SQL Server-2000
v OPERATING SYSTEM : Windows XP
- 2. Hardware Specifications
Minimum hardware requirements for this System are listed below:
Processor : Pentium-4
RAM : 256MB
HARD DISK : 80GB
NETWORK : LAN
FRONTEND :- MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO 2008
- First of all, VB.NET provides managed code execution that runs under the Common Language Runtime (CLR), resulting in robust, stable and secure applications. All features of the .NET framework are readily available in VB.NET.
- VB.NET is totally object oriented. This is a major addition that VB6 and other earlier releases didn’t have.
- The .NET framework comes with ADO.NET, which follows the disconnected paradigm, i.e. once the required records are fetched the connection no longer exists. It also retrieves the records that are expected to be accessed in the immediate future. This enhances Scalability of the application to a great extent.
- VB.NET uses XML to transfer data between the various layers in the DNA Architecture i.e. data are passed as simple text strings.
- Error handling has changed in VB.NET. A new Try-Catch-Finally block has been introduced to handle errors and exceptions as a unit, allowing appropriate action to be taken at the place the error occurred thus discouraging the use of ON ERROR GOTO statement. This again credits to the maintainability of the code.
- Another great feature added to VB.NET is free threading against the VB single-threaded apartment feature. In many situations developers need spawning of a new thread to run as a background process and increase the usability of the application. VB.NET allows developers to spawn threads wherever they feel like, hence giving freedom and better control on the application.
- Security has become more robust in VB.NET. In addition to the role-based security in VB6, VB.NET comes with a new security model, Code Access security. This security controls on what the code can access. For example you can set the security to a component such that the component cannot access the database. This type of security is important because it allows building components that can be trusted to various degrees.
- The CLR takes care of garbage collection i.e. the CLR releases resources as soon as an object is no more in use. This relieves the developer from thinking of ways to manage memory. CLR does this for them.
BACKEND: SQL SERVER 2000
IBM developed the original version of SQL, originally called Sequel, as part of the System R Project in the early 1970s. The Sequel language has evolved since then, and its name has changed to SQL (Structured Query Language).Many products now support the SQL language. SQL has clearly established itself as the standard relational database language.
In 1986,the American Standards Institute (ANSI) and the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) published an SQL standard, called SQL-86.ANSI published an extended standard for SQL,SQL-89,in 1989.The next version of the standard was SQL-92 standard followed by SQL:1999;the most recent versions are SQL:2003 and then SQL:2005.
The SQL language has several parts:
Data-definition language (DDL): The SQL DDL provides commands for defining relation schemas, deleting relations, and modifying relation schemas.
Interactive data-manipulation language (DML):The SQL DML includes
a query language based on both the relational algebra (2) and the tuple relational calculus (5).It includes also commands for specifying integrity constraints that the data stored in the database must satisfy. Updates that violate integrity constraints are disallowed.
View definition: The SQL DDL includes commands for defining views.
Transaction control: SQL includes commands for specifying the beginning and ending of transactions.
Embedded SQL and Dynamic SQL: Embedded and dynamic SQL define how SQL statements can be embedded within general-purpose programming languages, such as C, C++.Java, PL/I, COBOL, Pascal, and FORTRAN.
Authorization: The SQL DDL includes commands for specifying access rights to relations and views.
Stakeholders are anyone who has an interest in the project. Project stakeholders are individuals and organizations that are actively involved in the project, or whose interests may be affected as a result of project execution or project completion. They may also exert influence over the project’s objectives and outcomes. The project management team must identify the stakeholders, determine their requirements and expectations, and, to the extent possible, manage their influence in relation to the requirements to ensure a successful project.
The following are examples of project stakeholders:
- Project Developers
Project Developers is one who develops software for customer. In my project I am the first stakeholder i.e. Project Developer.
- Project customer
Project Customer is one who pays for the developed software. In my project the Chairman of Technovision Automation Pvt. Ltd. is the second stakeholder i.e. Project Customer.
- Project user Group
Project User group are those people who use the software on daily basis for the Project Customer. In my project employee’s of Technovision Automation Pvt. Ltd. are the third stakeholders i.e. Project User Group
- Project Testers
Project Testers are those who test the software. In my project myself, my project guide and Technical Department of TAPL are the fourth stakeholders i.e. Project Testers.
System Analysis – PETROL PUMP MANAGEMENT SYSTEM PROJECT
The Current System is the manual one, hence is not speedy, accurate, efficient as well as time consuming. An essential part of the system analysis, which enables the developer to understand & the system correctly. It is undertaken to obtain details of the system. To understand the physical flow of the information through the current system. Collect various information through various fact finding techniques. Identify the procedural difficulties experienced by the user. Study the bottlenecks find out the redundant work being performed in the system.
Fact Finding Techniques Employed
Information was obtained from the employees at the organization by interviewing them at the location and time convention both.
- Document Searching
An extensive study of existing document an official correspondence was done to understand the present working status of organization.
Copyright © 2021 Author(s) retain the copyright of this article.
This article is published under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0