Engineering Project Ideas & Topics
Engineering — We have developed a compelling list of interesting Engineering research project topics. These topics, when adequately executed, are guaranteed to get you a good grade in your final year project.
1. Development of a Model for Internal Network Intrusion Detection System for Multi Disciplinary Campus Network.
2. Development of a Multivariate High-Order Fuzzy Time Series Forecasting Model With Data Clustering for Optimum Prediction and Control of Handover-based Mobility Management (Airtel Lagos as Case Study).
3. A Study of the Dephosphorization of Koton Karfe Iron Ore by Acidic Leaching.
4. Effect of Pre-ageing Thermal Conditions on the Hardness, Corrosion Resistance and Microstructural Morphology of Antimony Modified Al-Si-Mg Alloy.
5. Effects of Ni Additions on the Mechanical Properties and Corrosion Resistance of Al-Cu-Si Alloy.
6. Effect of Gasification Operating Parameters on Quality of Syngas Produced Using Sawdust Feedstock.
7. Reliability Analysis of a Prestressed Concrete Beam.
8. Effect of Pre-ageing Conditions on the Hardness and Corrosion Characteristics of Double-thermally Aged Al-Si-Mg Alloy.
9. Corrosion and Fatigue Behaviour of Welded Austenitic Stainless Steel in Different Environments.
10. Upgrading of Wasagu (Kebbi State) Manganese Ore to Metallurgical Grade Concentrate.
11. Comparative Study of Biogas Production From Cow Dung, Chicken Droppings and Cymbopogon Citratus as Alternative Energy Sources in Nigeria.
12. Experimental Study of Variable Frequency Induction Generator for Small Scale Wind Power Development at Kumbotso Village, Kano.
13. Irrigation Water Management of Sodic Soil for Tomato Production in Barwa-minjibir Irrigation Scheme, Kano Nigeria.
14. Design and Development of a Biologycal Inspired Hyper Redundent Robot Joint Mechanism.
15. Enhancing Light-ends Recovery Through Joint Atmospheric Distillation of Heavy Crude and Used Engine Oil.
16. Effect of Locust Bean Waste Ash on Lime Modified Black Cotton Soil.
17. Effect of Locust Bean Waste Ash on Cementmodified Black Cotton Soil.
18. Utilization of Aqueous Two Phase System for the Removal of Colour From Textile Wastewater.
19. Mathematical Modeling and Dynamic Simulation of Temperature Distribution in a Chamber Furnace.
20. Mathematical Modelling of Draught Characteristics of Selected Animal-drawn Implements on the Upland Soils of Samaru, Nigeria.
21. Investigation of the Strength Characteristics of Latecrete Materials.
22. Optimum Design of Reinforced Concrete Raft Foundations Using Finite Element Analysis.
23. Cement Stabilization of Black Cotton Soil Using Locust Bean Waste Ash as Admixture.
24. Transmission and Absorption Measurements of High Energy Electrons With Metallic and Insulating Foils.
25. Development of Large Pore Zeolite From Kaolinite Clays.
26. Properties of Corn Cob Ash Concrete.
27. Enhancement of Cellulosic Ethanol Production Through Aspergillus Niger Modification.
28. Application of Linear Theory Method on Ahmadu Bello University Water Distribution Network.
29. Seasonal Variation of Mobile Radio Propagation Characteristics in Kaduna Metropolis and Environs: A Case Study of MTN and Airtel.
30. Operations Support Systems, Implication of Software Errors in GSM Network Performance.
31. Characterisation of Reinforcing Steel Bars in the Nigerian Construction Industry.
32. Recycling of Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene From Used Refrigerator Material.
33. Effects of African Basil (Ocimumgratissimum) and Bush Mint (Hyptissuaveolens) Leaves Extracts in Inhibiting Corrosion of Medium Carbon Steel in 0.5m of Hcl, H2so4 and Nacl Media.
34. A Study of the Unified Power Quality Conditioner (UPQC) for Improved Radial Distribution Network.
35. Production and Performance Evaluation of Biodiesel From Hibiscus Sabdariffa and Hibiscus Surattensis.
36. Influence of Wind and Rain on a Foliage Radio-wave Propagation Channel.
37. Reliability Assessment of GSM Power System Network (A Case Study of Airtel Nigeria Limited).
38. Plant Extract-nanoparticles Hybrid as Corrosion Inhibitors for AA2024 Aluminium Alloy.
39. Structural Characterisation of Concrete and Sandcrete Hollow Block Produced From Selected Cement Brands in Nigeria.
40. Reliability-based Analysis and Calibration of Eurocode 5 Design Criteria for a Solid Timber Portal Frame.
41. State-space Design and Construction of a Magnetic Suspension System.
42. Pollution and Self Purification Studies of River Romi, Chikun Local Government Area Kaduna State.
43. Kinetic Study of Pineapple (Ananas Comosus) Peel Conversion to Glucose by Aspergillus Niger.
44. Assessment of the Impact Impact of Climate Change on Water Resources Availability in the Sokoto-Rima River Basin.
45. Development and Characterization of Poly(Lactic Acid)(PLA)/ Guineacorn (Sorghum Bicolor) Husks Particulate (GHP) Composites.
46. Comparative Analysis of School-based Supervision of Teaching and Learning in Public and Private Secondary Schools in Kano Metropolis.
47. Development of EN 338(2003) Strength Classes of Doka (Isoberlinia doka), Madaci (Khaya senegalensis) Gawo (Acacia albida) and Rimi (Ceiba pentandra) Timber Species of Nigerian Origin.
48. Effects of Inhibitors on Corrosion of Low Carbon Steel in Hydrochloric Acid Pickling Solution.
49. Stochastic Evaluation of Offshore Carbon Fibre Reinforced Concrete Platforms on Aluminum Girders.
50. Evaluation of Thestructural Performance of Asphaltic Concrete Highway Pavement.
51. Evaluation of Hot-Gas and Heated Tool Weldments of Polypropylene/Bone Particulate Composites.
52. Modal Split of Work Trips Undertaken by Public Servants in Minna, Niger State, Nigeria.
53. Comparison of Nylon and Polyvinyl Chloride Coated Fibreglass Nets With a Standard Mesh in the Repair of Hernia in Goats.
54. Communion Poem of Yahuza Ahmad “Nadhratun Na’im Fittawajjuhi Bi Asaamillahi Zaljalali Wal Ikram”.
55. Simulation of Error Correction Codes on Wireless Communication Systems.
56. Effect of Aspergillus Niger Amylases on Cassava Starch Hydrolysis.
57. Evaluation of Pulverised Strands of Cissus Populnea as Binder for Production of Foundry Cores.
58. The Effects of Welding and Heat Treatment on Mechanical Properties of Duplex Stainless Steels.
59. Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) of the Proposed Kiri Hydro-electric Power Project.
60. Climate Variability and Its Impact on Water Resources of Lower Kaduna River Catchment Nigeria.
61. Evaluating Service Delivery Performance of Water Utilities in Kaduna State Water Board, Nigeria.
62. Techno-economic Evaluation of Selexol-based Co2 Capture Process for Ashaka Cement Plant.
63. Development of Multicast Algorithm for the Determination of Minimum Cost of Bandwidth Over Coded Packet Wireless Network.
64. The Effects of Pressure on the Mechanical Properties and Microstructure of Die Cast Aluminum Alloys.
65. Compressive Strength of Concrete and Mortar Containing Ashes as Partial Replacement for Cement.
66. Use of Coconut Shell as Coarse Aggregate in Lightweight Concrete.
67. Comparative Analysis of the Aminolysis of Polyethylene Terephthalate Waste and Sodium Dichromate as Corrosion Inhibitors for Mild Steel in 0.5m Hcl and 0.5m H2so4.
68. Behaviour of Concrete Subjected to Various Elevated Temperatures.
69. Comparative Study of the Performance of Mimo Equalizers for Wireless Communication Receivers.
70. Design Construction, Simulation and Testing of a 300W Wind Powered Battery Charger.
71. Synchronous Machine Parameter Extraction From Real Time Operating Data.
72. Suitability of Orange Peels, Banana Peels and Recycled Low Density Polyethylene (RLDPE) Composites for Particleboard Manufacturing.
73. Design and Construction of a Light Activated Remote Controlled Fan Regulator.
74. Design and Construction of Radiation Alarm Device.
75. Bioremediation of Tannery Wastewater Using Saccharomyces Cerevisiae (Bakers’ Yeast).
76. Bioremediation of Used Engine Oil Contaminated Soil by Vermicomposting.
77. Suitability of Some Common Nigerian Timber Species for Use as Simply Supported Bridge Beams Using Eurocodessuitability of Some Common Nigerian Timber Species for Use as Simply Supported Bridge Beams Using Eurocodes.
78. Evaluation of Neem (Azadirachta Indica), Tiger Nut (Cyperus Esculentus) and False Walnut (Canarium Schweinfurthii) Oils as Metal Working Lubricants.
79. Bronze Immersion Plating on Mild Steel in Cyantde-free Solutions.
80. Modeling and Simulation of a Solar Powered Adsorption Refrigeration System.
81. Modeling of Water Quality of Bindare Stream in Zaria-nigeria Using Matlab.
82. Influence of Effective Lengths on Reliability of Hot-rolled Steel Columns.
83. Studies of Disinfection by-products and Heavy Metals in Ahmadu Bello University Drinking Water Supplies and Operations of Some Treatment Plants.
84. Yield and Water Use Response of Watermelon Under Deficit Irrigation and Mulch.
85. Strain-rate Influence on Shear Strength Characteristics of Compacted Fadama Clay.
86. Extraction and Characterisation of Chitin and Chitosan for Chromium (VI) ION Removal From Wastewater.
87. Ground-wave Reception and Ground Conductivity.
88. The Suitability of Cotton Stalks for the Production of Medium Density Fibreboard.
89. Characterization of Sokoto Phosphate Rock and Design of Process Flowsheet for Its Beneficiation.
90. Impact of Vehicular Traffic Emissions on Ambient Air Quality in Kaduna Metropolis.
91. Modeling, Simulation and Stabilization of a Double Quad Inverted Pendulum System (Dqip) Using a Linear Quadratic Regulator (LQR) Controller.
92. Application of Zeolite 4a – Metakaolin Matrix for the Removal of Some Heavy Metals From Crude Oil Tank Farm Wastewater.
93. Design, Construction and Testing of a 130w Wind-powered Air Compressor System for Operation in Zaria, Nigeria.
94. Analysis and Optimisation of Inter Cell Handover Dynamics in a GSM Network (A Case Study of Airtel Kano, Nigeria).
95. Separation of Tantalum and Niobium From Nigerian Tantalite Using Aqueous Biphase System.
96. Investigation of Edge Cracking Propensity in Cold-rolled Commercial Aluminium Alloy 8011 Under Mixed Oil Lubrication Condition.
97. Quick Response Travel Demand Modelling: A Case Study of Zaria.
98. Structural Grade Properties of Some’ Selected Nigerian Timber Species: Chlorophoral excelsa (Iroko); Khaya senegalensis (Mahogany); Ceiba pentandra (Araba); and Daniellia oliveri (Maje).
99. Estimation of Streamflow in the Upper Benue River Basin Using Climatic Water Budget Method.
100. A Study of Crumb Rubber Modified Asphalt Slurry Seal Emulsions.
101. Eurocode 5 – Based Reliability Analysis of Axially Loaded Solid Timber Columns Using Selected Nigerian Timber Species.
102. Investigation of Mechanical Properties of Zeolite-y and Zsm-5 Catalysts Synthesized From Locally Available Clays.
103. Assessment of the Impact of Power Outages on Commercial Consumers (A Case Study of Coldrooms Consumers at Trans-amadi Area, Port- Harcort).
104. Production and Weld Joint Performance Evaluation of Arc Welding Electrodes From Dana Rolling Mill Scales.
105. Effect of Calcination Temperature on the Composition and Photocatalytic Activity of Nigerian Natural Ilmenite, Sphalerite and Wolframite.
106. Modelling and Control of Multi Process System Using Bond Graph and Decentralized Model Predictive Controltechnique.
107. “The Study of Hardening Characteristics of High Carbon Steels and Ductile Cast Iron”.
108. Design and Environmental – Behaviour Modelling of a Bluetooth Controlled Planter Robot.
109. Development and Application of Drought Forecasting Models for Nigeria Sudano Sahelian Region.
110. Development of Adsorbents and Photocatalysts Using Nigerian Pindiga Bentonitic Clay.
111. Development of an Optimal Reconfiguration Algorithm for Radial Distribution Electrical Power Networks (A Case Study of Zaria Distribution Network).
112. Economic Viability of a Small Hydropower Plant at Onuaku River, Abia State Nigeria.
113. Development of Catalyst Support Material From Pindiga Bentonitic Clay.
114. Design and Fabrication of Crude Distillation Unit Components for a Mini Petroleum Refinery.
115. Evaluation of Rheology of High Density Polypropylene Asphalt.
116. Modeling and Simulation of a Grid Connected Solar-hydro Hybrid System to Supplement Power Supply in Kaduna North.
117. Kinetic Studies of Middle Distillate Formation During Catalytic Cracking of Heavy Gas Oil Using Zeolite-y Prepared Fromkankara-kaolin.
118. Effect of Some Vegetable Based Oil as Lubricants on the Extrusion of Aluminium.
119. Modeling and Stabilization Analyses of a Microunmanned Aerial Vehicle System Using a Modified Radio Controlled-based Helicopter.
120. Production and Characterization of Recycled Ldpe/ Periwinkle (Turritela Communis) Shell Particulate Composite.
121. Modeling, Analysis and Simulation of a DC Grid Single Ended Primary Inductance Converter for DC Load.
122. Development of a Fuzzified-trend Mapping and Identification (FTMI) Model for Fuzzy Time Series Forecasting.
123. Development of an Improved Cultural Artificial Fish Swarm Algorithm With Crossover.
124. Design, Simulation, Construction and Performance Evaluation of a Solar Oven.
125. Assessment of Transient Stability Enhancement Capability of Unified Power Flow Controller in a Multi-machine Power System.
126. Reliability Analysis of Reinforced Concrete Bridge Decks Subject to Fatigue.
127. Modification and Performance Evaluation of Iar Groundnut Sheller for Some Selected Varieties of Pulses.
128. Stochastic Section Modulus Requirement for Carbon Fibre Reinforced Plastic Pultruded Beams.
129. Stabilization of Black Cotton Soil With Lime-Iron Ore Tailing Blend.