This research work attempted to investigate on the marketing of courier services in Enugu State with special reference to (TNT/IAS) Thomas Nationwide Transportation/International Airline Services of Nigeria which is the case study.
Couriers are established to make profits. Are these profit made at the expenses of the customers? Or is it as a result of the services provided by the courier. It is the arm of this TNT/IAS of Nigeria market their courier services to their various customers. In other words, is customer’s satisfaction what these couriers aim to achieve.
To solve the research problem both primary and secondary data were collected.
The research instruments used in collecting the data were questionnaires and oral interview. The respondents comprised of the couriers staff. Customers of the courier.
In organizing and presenting data collected, tables, frequencies, pie chart, histogram and percentages were used. The various hypotheses were tested using the chi-square.
Data analysis and interpretation gave the following findings:
– Marketing department is not established in all the courier’s branches.
– Thomas Nationwide transportation of Nigeria faced intense competition from other couriers.
– The interest charged by the courier are high.
– The customers know about the courier through advertising, friends employer and other means.
Based on the findings the researcher recommends that:
– Marketing department should be established in all the courier’s branches to see that customers are satisfied.
– The courier should reduce its charges to its various customers.
The conclusion of the study is that marketing of courier services should be done by TNT/IAS of Nigeria. This is to increase the customers satisfaction and increase its profitability.