The research work was based on the problems of ineffective communication in business organization, a case study of Vetco Gray Nigeria Limited, Port-Harcourt. The purpose of the research was to find out the problems caused by ineffective communication and the strategies, which could be used to enhance effective communication in business organization.
In source for data for this study, relevant questionnaires were produce and distributed to both Senior and Junior staff in the organization as well as personal interviews.
The results of the data analysis were that: –
(1) Industrial conflict and low productivity in business organization were as a result of ineffective communication.
(2) The strategies the organization adopted to enhance communication were not fully utilized.
(3) The organization adopted autocratic decision – making instead of participative management.
It was therefore recommend that: –
(1) management should focus more on participate management and decision making by asking for their opinions and allowing the members of the staff to make meaning contribution on issue concerning the organization.
(2) Management should address the workers properly and formally on issues and decisions made by the company to reduce the problem of misunderstanding and labour stand off.
(3) Management should from time-to-time organize training workshops, and seminars to help update the workers on information and to skills.
TABLE OF CONTENT
Table Of Content
1.1 Background Of The Study
1.2 Statement Of Problem
1.3 Purpose Of Study
1.4 Scope Of Study
1.5 Significance Of Study
1.6 Research Questions
2.0 Literature Review
2.1 Definition Of Communication
2.2 Organization Communication
2.3 Communication Patterns In Organization
2.4 Types Of Organizational Communication
2.5 Purpose Of Communication
2.6 Barriers And Remedies Of Effective Communication
3.0 Research Design And Methodology
3.2 Development Of Population Of Study
3.3 Research Instrument
3.4 Validation Of Instrument Used
3.5 Method Of Data Collection
3.6 Procedure For Data Analysis
4.0 Data Presentation And Analysis
4.2 Data Analysis
5.0 Discussion Of Findings, Conclusion, Recommendation And Suggestion For Further Studies
5.2 Summary Of Findings
5.5 Suggestions For Further Studies
Chapter One of Problems Of Ineffective Communication In An Organization Project Material starts from here.
Posted by UniProjects.Net under Project Topics and Materials
Contact UniProjects @
Country Code : +234
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Communication is indispensable in all sphere of human and business endeavours. It is the life wire and the key to success of all business organizations.
Communication involves everybody, it is the pivot upon which the existence of human and business organizations revolves, and based on this, the issue of communication has developed into a major area of study and formidable social force.
Eyre (1983), stated that “communication is not just the giving information, it is the giving of understandable information, it is the giving of understanding the message”.
Bernard (1938), saw communication as “the means by which people are linked together in an organization to achieve a common goal”. When there is a link between people towards achieving a common goal there is communication. In a business organization, if a manager is to relate to his subordinates, he must communicate effectively. If an organization wisher\s to stay in business and enjoy high patronage; there must be effective communication. Also, if management wants its decisions implemented, it must communication its policies and programmes effectively. The questions one faces are: –
(1) What is effective communication all about
(2) What are the possible means to avoid the problems of ineffective communication? And
(3) What are the strategies to adopt to achieve effective communication.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
Inefficient communication constitutes a major problem to any organization. It goes a long way in preventing such organization from achieving the set objectives. Irrespective of the different perspective one may look at it, be it from the angle of the employee or the employer, it is always believed that inefficient communication is unfavourable towards the realization of the organizational goals.
Some of the problems associated with ineffective communication in a business organization using my case study as an example are,
(1) lack of proper channels of communication throughout which information is obtained. This explains why there still exists situations were minor problems which could be solved by simple dialogue between the workers and the management most times lead into major problems which cause some set back in the company.
(2) Secondly, the organization is not willing to carry its employees along, through sharing of information on management decisions. This gave way for workers to receive and give information from the grave vine rumours, and rumour being unhealthy development brings about negative opinion and also leads to unfavourable reaction to the organizational problems. The business organizations I am researching on, being a manufacturing and service company, often run out of stock of raw materials, this explains why productions is not carried out as scheduled, no other genuine reason could be given for this lack of raw materials but inefficient communication which breeds negative development in an organization. And as we all know disrupted production does not enhance regular payment of workers salaries and motivation and when workers are hungry, they go unhealthy about the organization who does not truly see communication as vital aspect of communication gap is bound to suffer.
1.3 PURPOSE OF STUDY
This research work is embarked upon for the following purposes:
(1) To find out the problems caused by ineffective communication in an organization.
(2) To find out the strategies which could enhance effective communication in organization.
1.4 SCOPE AND DELIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The research work is limited to finding out the problems of ineffective communication in selected business organization using Vetco Gray Nigeria Limited Port-Harcourt as case study.
1.5 Significance of the Study
This research work is aimed at using the most effective means of communication and its impact on all aspects of human and business activities. The result of this research work will also help business organizations know the strategies and how to implement it to enhance effective communication in organization, and also how to reduce the barriers to effective communication.
1.6 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
The following questions were produced to guide the researcher towards a meaningful and unbiased result:
(1) What are the problems caused by ineffective communication in organizations?
(2) What are the strategies employed by organizations to enhance communication?
Using our service/resources is LEGAL and IS NOT prohibited.
You are allowed to use the original model papers you will receive in the following ways:
1. As a source for additional understanding of the subject.
2. As a source for ideas for your own research work (if properly referenced).
3. For PROPER paraphrasing (see your university definition of plagiarism and acceptable paraphrase)
4. Direct citing (if referenced properly)
Thank you so much for your respect to the authors copyright.