(a) Define HIV/AIDS.
(b) List two causes of HIV/AID.
a) HIV/AIDS is an infection that attacks and destroys the immune system in human body and makes the infected person to develop the incurable Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (AIDS) that makes the carrier open to opportunistic infections.
b) Ways of preventing HIV/AIDS;
- Abstinence from unprotected sexual intercourse.
- Using of condom/barrier method.
- Being faithful to one’s partner (wife/husband).
- Use of screened blood during transfusion.
- Use of sterilized objects.
- Avoid sharing of sharp objects.
- Use of disposable sharp objects e.g. needle/syringe.
- Encouraging voluntary testing for HIV/AIDS.