(a) What is cultism?
(b) Highlight six reasons for the formation of cult groups.
a) Cultism is a secret practice by members of cult groups whose activities are violent and extreme in nature.
b) Reasons for the formation of cult groups
- Desire to hide one’s weaknesses.
- Failure on the part of the family/poor parenting.
- Negative peer group influence.
- Inadequate religious and moral education.
- Poor students welfare in schools/colleges.
- Desperate satisfaction of aspirations/academic success.
- Mass media influence.
- Tacit support of academic staff of schools and colleges.
- Threat by lecturers.
- Quest for justice.