Enumerate the various secretarial duties before a meeting.
Secretarial duties before a meeting:
1. Ascertain the date, time and place i.e. when and where the meeting is to be held in consultation with the executive and take steps to make preparations accordingly e.g. booking of the committee/conference room, hotel etc.
2. Draft the notice and agenda and get it approved.
3. Get an adequate number of copies of the notice, agenda and reports etc., if any are required to be sent along with the notice and send the same to all the members who have a right to attend the meeting.
4. Check in advance all logistics viz. air – conditioning system, blowers etc. in the meeting room and to arrange for public address system, OHP/LCD/Screen and other equipment that may be required and to see that a sufficient number of chairs are made available in the meeting room keeping in view the number of invitees.
5. Book in advance necessary orders for refreshments and lunch.
6. Keep ready
(i) The items of stationery such as writing paper, pen, pencil,
(ii) Spare copies of agenda,
(iii) Minutes of the previous meeting,
(iv) The papers, reports, statements and other documents likely to be required at the time of the meeting including letters of apology received from the members unable to attend the meeting etc.