“Record Management is an important activity in every office.” Discuss
Record Management is an important activity in every office as:
1. The records act as memory units of an organization and hence provide a history of any business.
2. Records constitute the database for the Managerial Information System. Here, they provide necessary information for future planning and policy formulation of a business.
3. Important decisions for the smooth functioning of a business originate from records.
4. Records provide the basis for compliance with legal and statutory requirements.
5. Status of the business, i.e., financial health, societal status, comparison with competitors, etc. can be ascertained with the help of business records in the form of various statements and reports.
6. Records help in handling customers and correspondence carefully to maintain the goodwill of an organization.