Redmi K60E, Redmi K60, Redmi K60 Pro review
The company Xiaomi (more precisely, its sub-brand Redmi) today officially presented the Redmi K60 model range, which initially included three models, as well as other products. We have prepared for you an overview of the presentation, which allows you to quickly understand which products can be considered as an option for purchase.
- Chipset. The new Redmi K60E became the youngest smartphone in the series – it uses the MediaTek Dimensity 8200 chipset. The diagonal, resolution, and refresh rate here are the same as the top variants, but it uses 10-bit instead of 12-bit color representation, and the peak brightness is 1200 nits.
- Camera. The main sensor of the main camera supports optical stabilization, but the resolution is 48 MP. In addition, an ultrawide module of 8 MP and a macro of 2 MP are used here. Autonomy is ensured by a 5500 mAh battery that supports 67W fast charging (wireless charging is not supported).
- Memory. UFS 3.1 internal memory is used here (instead of UFS 4.0, which is available in older models), as well as LPDDR5 RAM (in Redmi K60 and K60 Pro – LPDDR5X). The smartphone is available in white, black and green colors, the price starts at $315 for the basic version with 8 GB of RAM and 128 GB of RAM.
- Display. The middle variant, Redmi K60, is in many ways similar to the Pro version. The model is also equipped with a 6.67-inch AMOLED display with a Quad HD+ resolution and three cameras. The design of the rear panel is the same as in the Pro version, but here the main sensor of 64 MP with support for optical stabilization is used (the rest of the cameras, including the front, are unchanged). Snapdragon 8 Plus Gen 1, which was the top platform in all smartphones in the second half of this year, is responsible for the operation of this version.
- Battery. Like the Pro version, the smartphone supports wireless charging with a power of 30W, although the standard power is reduced to 67W. Probably, this made it possible to make a larger battery – in this smartphone, its volume is 5500 mAh. The model is available in white, green, and blue colors (in this case, the body is leather), as well as black (carbon inserts are used here). The cost of the 8/128 GB version is $360, and the top-of-the-line 16/512 GB version costs $515.
Redmi K60 Pro
- Display. Top Redmi K60 Pro. The smartphone received an AMOLED display with a diagonal of 6.67 inches, the resolution of which is 2K (3200 × 1440 pixels). The company claims that the peak brightness of the model reaches 1400 nits. The front camera with a resolution of 16 MP is located at the top in the center. The refresh rate of the display is 120 Hz, there is support for HDR10+ and an in-display fingerprint scanner. The smartphone works on the top platform Snapdragon 8 Plus Gen 2, which makes it one of the cheapest solutions with such power.
- Camera. In the main camera of the smartphone, the main role is played by a 50-megapixel Sony IMX800, optical and electronic image stabilization is supported. The company has added support for improved object recognition in AI filters. In addition, there is an ultrawide module with a viewing angle of 118 degrees and a resolution of 8 MP, as well as a macro of 2 MP.
- Battery. The model uses a proprietary Surge P1 chip to control the charging process. The battery is responsible for the autonomy, the volume of which is 5000 mAh, the fast charging with the power of 120W allows you to fully charge the smartphone in 19 minutes. There is also support for 30W wireless charging, which makes the Redmi K60 Pro the first smartphone of the Redmi brand to support this feature.
- The smartphone comes in four versions: green, black, white, and Champion Performance Edition (it resembles previous collaborations between Redmi and the Mercedes-AMG Petronas Formula One Team, but this model is not released as part of the partnership). The cost of the basic version of 8/128 GB is $475, in the top version of 16/512 GB the cost reaches $660.