Xiaomi 13 Pro Review
Xiaomi 13 Pro advantages
- Fast charging
- Bright screen
- Clear image
- Smooth interface
- Portrait camera
- Wireless charging
Mistakes of Xiaomi 13 Pro
- No microSD
Xiaomi 13 Pro
Xiaomi 13 Pro is based on the Qualcomm SM8550 Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 chip. It has 12 GB of RAM and 512 GB of fast storage on board. Adreno 740 is responsible for the Xiaomi 13 Pro graphics.
Xiaomi 13 Pro has all the flagship features, enough performance headroom for any task, including the most modern and heavy games.
Xiaomi 13 Pro's built-in storage is enough for almost everything. However, if you are into mobile games, everyone may not fit, given the appetites of some hits. Moreover, if you shoot many videos, periodically you will have to do some cleaning.
Xiaomi 13 Pro Display
Display type Xiaomi 13 Pro
- OLED. OLED displays, which include AMOLED, are characterized by the highest contrast due to the nature of the technology, as well as the absence of a layer between the glass and the matrix. But the most important property is the ability to display information while the device is in sleep mode (always on display). I consider this a big advantage for mobile devices. In addition, OLED displays traditionally have good viewing angles. Since the dark parts of the image consume less power due to the characteristics of OLED, it is recommended to use dark themes for Xiaomi 13 Pro, this will greatly improve battery life and reduce power consumption.
- LTPO. LTPO technology in OLED displays can reduce the refresh rate down to 1 Hz in standby mode when the always-on display function is enabled. This allows you to slightly increase autonomy. If you constantly use Xiaomi 13 Pro and do not let go of it, then there will be no benefit from LTPO for you. LTPO is useful only in standby mode with a clock and notifications.
Xiaomi 13 Pro screen brightness
The Xiaomi 13 Pro's 1200 nits of brightness should be enough for all situations, especially if you spend a lot of time outdoors. However, auto brightness can negatively affect the autonomy of the device on a clear day, as it will turn the brightness of Xiaomi 13 Pro to the maximum.
Xiaomi 13 Pro screen speed
The screen refresh rate of Xiaomi 13 Pro is 120 Hz, which many competitors can envy. Due to the high frequency, the interface pleases with a special smoothness, which may also make it seem that the device is running faster. In any case, the most positive emotions from Xiaomi 13 Pro are guaranteed. Just like high brightness, a high screen refresh rate negatively impacts autonomy. If the battery is running out, and the outlet is still far away, I recommend lowering the frequency of the Xiaomi 13 Pro display.
Xiaomi 13 Pro screen quality
Xiaomi 13 Pro Cameras
On paper, the Xiaomi 13 Pro outperforms the competition in terms of cameras as well. It has three 50-megapixel main cameras, developed together with Leica, a well-known manufacturer of optics and photographic equipment.
- The main camera of Xiaomi 13 Pro has a resolution of 50 megapixels. Despite the seemingly high resolution, in reality you will get images of 16 megapixels or so. Many pixels are usually used to combine them to increase the sensitivity and other needs of computational photography. This indirectly affects the quality and detail of the image, but there is no direct relationship. To make sure of this, the manufacturer makes it possible to get real 50 megapixels by hiding this option deep in the camera settings. However, you will be surprised to find that when you enable this option, you will lose the usual improvements, such as: HDR, stabilization, filters, face recognition and more. Treat high resolution as a nice touch, not a main feature of your camera.
- Aperture of f/1.9 main camera. Given the tiny sensor size and compact optical design, aperture has little to no effect on depth of field, like big cameras. A large aperture is needed to increase the aperture of the lens. Thanks to large 1.6 µm pixels, coupled with a large aperture, Xiaomi 13 Pro allows you to get good shots in low light. In such a compact size, the influence of physical characteristics is so small that the main role in low-light shooting is played more by computational photography than by lens and sensor.
- In a 35 mm camera equivalent, the Xiaomi 13 Pro lens corresponds to a focal length of 23 mm. In terms of real photographers, this is a wide-angle camera, even though it is not called that in mobile devices.
- To improve image clarity, Xiaomi 13 Pro uses optical stabilization. In low light, it helps to compensate for shaky hands.
- The Xiaomi 13 Pro's autofocus uses state-of-the-art Dual Pixel technology. This is the next step in the development of phase autofocus, helping Xiaomi 13 Pro to focus on objects even more accurately and faster.
- The Xiaomi 13 Pro has a 50-megapixel wide-angle camera. Like a telephoto, a separate, weaker sensor is used for the wide-angle camera. However, unlike a zoom camera, a wide-angle camera is not as sensitive to low light. Therefore, despite the modest characteristics, the wide-angle module, the photos are juicy and clear.
- The viewing angle is 115˚ or 14 mm in 35 mm equivalent, and the aperture is f/2.2. Real photographers call such a lens ultra-wide angle. Usually, it has a very narrow application, but since it is easy and inexpensive to make a wide angle in a compact size, unlike zoom cameras, it has become ubiquitous in mobile photography.
Autonomy Xiaomi 13 Pro
Xiaomi 13 Pro has a built-in, battery4820 mAh. Has 120W fast charging 100% charged in 19 minutes. In addition to fast wired charging, Xiaomi 13 Pro has 50 watt wireless charging, which is a big plus.
NFC is available.
The fingerprint sensor of Xiaomi 13 Pro is located under the screen. Works slowly compared to the sensor that is built into the button, and with a lot of errors. With wet hands, you will not be able to unlock the device at all.