Xiaomi Book Pro 2022 Review
You get acquainted with the characteristics and assembly options, and also analyze for whom the laptop from this series will be useful.
Super Retina OLED Touchscreen
Probably the main difference between Xiaomi Book Pro 14 and Xiaomi Book Pro 16 laptops from earlier models is that they received high-resolution OLED touch screens: 2.6K and 4K, respectively. Such a display will primarily be of interest to creative professionals: illustrators, artists, designers, etc. Displays:
- Both models peak at 600 nits and have a 170° viewing angle. The contrast ratio is 1000000:1. The resolution 16- inch laptop is 3840 × 2400 pixels at 283 PPI, while the 14-inch version is 2880 × 1800 at 242 PPI.
- The aspect ratio of the models is standard – 16:10, and the screen area of both options is 90.68% of the total area of the panel. The thickness of the frames around the screen is only 3.6 mm. The refresh rate can be adjusted between 60Hz and 90Hz. TüV Rhineland certification confirms safety for the user's eyesight, even during prolonged use.
Xiaomi Book Pro 14 2022 laptop unveiled on the market in three configurations:
- Intel Core i5-1240P + Intel Iris Xe. The most budget option of the entire line. Here we have 12- nuclear processor NVIDIA Intel Core i5-1240P with a base frequency of 1.7 GHz and a maximum of 4.4 GHz. L3 cache size – 12 MB. The amount of LPDDR5 RAM is 16 GB, its frequency is 5.2 GHz. The amount of built-in memory SSD, PCIe 4.0–512 GB. Graphics core – Intel Iris Xe.
- Intel Core i5-1240P + Nvidia GeForce MX 550. A variant with the same processor as the previous model, but with an Nvidia GeForce MX 550 GPU, with its memory – 2 GB GDDR6.
- Intel Corei7-1260P + Nvidia GeForce RTX 2050. Top laptop variation! Built on the new 12-core Intel Corei7- 1260P (only hit the market in February 2022). Base frequency – 1.7 GHz, maximum – 4.4 GHz. L3 cache size – 18 MB. The amount of RAM is 16 GB, built-in – 512 GB. Nvidia GeForce RTX 2050 GPU with native memory – 4 GB GDDR6.
Xiaomi Book Pro 16 2022, in turn, can be found in just two versions:
- Intel Core i5-1240P + Intel Iris Xe. Model running on 12- a nuclear processor, Intel Core i5-1240P with a clock frequency of 1.7 GHz and a maximum frequency of 4.4 GHz. L3 cache size – 12 MB. The amount of RAM is 16 GB (LPDDR5, 5.2 GHz), built-in memory is 512 GB (SSD PCIe 4.0). Enhanced with Intel Iris Xe graphics.
- Intel Core i7-1260P + Nvidia GeForce RTX 2050.12- core processor Intel Core i7-1260P with a base frequency of 2.1 GHz and a top frequency of 4.7 GHz. L3 cache size – 18 MB. The amount of RAM and built-in memory is the same as in all of the above models. Powered by powerful Nvidia GeForce RTX 2050 GPU with 4 GB native memory.
Battery and run time
The rated battery capacity of Xiaomi Book Pro 14 2022 series laptops is 56Wh, and that of Xiaomi Book Pro 14 2022 series laptops is 70Wh, which provides up to 10 and 11 hours of battery life, respectively. This operating time is declared by the manufacturer with very limited settings. In fact, under normal workload, laptops can easily work from 6 to 8 hours without recharging. Device charging is carried out through the Type-C connector from a 100W adapter. Fast charging technology allows you to fully recharge laptops in about 1 hour.
Appearance and dimensions
Laptops are equipped with a modern 2×2 MIMO network card that supports WI-FI 6 (802.11ax 2.4/5.0 GHz). In addition, you can connect to laptops via Bluetooth 5.2. Of the connectors, there is Thunderbolt 4, two full-featured Type-C and a standard 3.5 mm audio jack. It has a built-in microphone and webcam filming in 720P resolution. The keyboard is backlit, the brightness level of which can be adjusted. Key travel – 1.3 mm. The DTS Audio Processing sound system consists of two speakers with a total output of 4W (2 × 2W).