TIME SERIES ANALYSIS ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF PATIENTS TREATED FOR MALARIA FEVER (BETWEEN 2001 AND 2010) (A CASE STUDY OF COMPREHENSIVE HEALTH CENTRE OTAN AYEGBAJU OSUN STATE)
This project work revealed the rate at which people are infected with malaria the least square method used for analysis showed that people are infected with malaria irrespective of the time and seasons of a successive year, There is no noticeable direction as regarding the number of patient treated for malaria over time.
Also, the analysis from autoregressive moving average report shows that both autoregressive and moving average of order four were both appropriate while the report from autocorrelation and autocovariance does not indicate any noticeable trend in the number of patients treated for malaria.
The term time series refers to one the quantitative method used in determination pattern in data collected over time e.g weekly monthly, quarterly or yearly.
Time service is the statistic tool or methodology that can be used to transform past experience to predict future event which would enable the researcher or organization to plan.
It gives information about how the particular case of study has been behaving in the past and present and such information can be used in prediction The number of people treated for malaria fever at the otan Ayegbaju management hospital. Comprehensive health centre otan. We are going to seen how change occur over mouths in each year in the occurrence of the disease in the hospital. As a result of this, we will be able to know certain factor responsible for increase or decrease in the rate of infection of the disease over the period of time.
Record of time series data can be made in the following ways:-
- THROUGH CUMULATIVE FIGURES:- these represent value of input through the quarter. We must always bear in mind the different when handling time series data and as certain which particular type we are dealing with in every case.
- CUMULATIVE TYPE ADDED COMPILATION:- some cases when an added compilation introduced for the cumulative type of data the figure which are related to month of the year and not the total for month. further more the characteristic movement, seasonal variation Irregular variation in the analysis of time series, we have two types of model are generally accepted as good approximation of the true data association among the component of observed data, they are the most commonly assumed relationship between time series and its components. These are additive model and Multiplicative mode. All time series contain at least on of four of its components. These components are:-
- Long term trend
- Seasonal variation
- Cyclical variation
- Irregular or random variation value
LONG TERM TREND COMPONENT
This can be referred to the general path in which time series graph appear to follow over a long period of time, in other word, it is the long-term increase or decrease in a variable being measured over time for example a company planning her expense on goods to produce in the next three or four years has consider demand at a particular time.
BYRON DAWSON AND LAN HONEYS FIT (2001): BIOLOGY FOR EDELGIVE (4TH EDITION)
CAROL MATTSON PORTH (1994): concept of altered state Milione
DEXTER J.B (1976): first course in statistic Holt and Winton
FRANCIS A (1988): business statistics and mathematic London east Leigh. DP publication
HALL H (1978): An introduction to statistics
MARK BENSON (1916): integrated method of statistics 6th edition. Middle
Using this Service/Resources:
You are allowed to use the original model papers you will receive in the following ways:
1. As a source for additional understanding of the subject.
2. As a source for ideas for your own research work (if properly referenced).
3. For PROPER paraphrasing (see your university definition of plagiarism and acceptable paraphrase)
4. Direct citing (if referenced properly)