60 Interesting Medical Laboratory Science Research Project Topics
Medical Laboratory Science is a branch of science that studies the use of clinical laboratory tests to detect, diagnose, monitor and treat infectious diseases. These diseases are diagnosed by chemically analyzing blood, tissues and other body fluids.
Specialties in medical laboratory science include; clinical biochemistry, hematology, microbiology, bacteriology, toxicology, virology, parasitology, pathology, immunology, genetics, serology, cytogenesis, electron microscopy, and histocompatibility laboratory.
We have developed a compelling list of interesting Medical Laboratory Science project topics for Six Specialties. When these topics are well executed, they are guaranteed to give you a good grade in your final year project.
Clinical Biochemistry Laboratory
Clinical Biochemistry is the division of laboratory medicine that deals with the measurement of chemicals (both natural and unnatural) in blood, urine and other body fluids;
1. Evaluating the concentration of electrolytes, urea and creatinine in the blood samples of pregnant women.
2. Evaluating the concentration of electrolytes, urea and creatinine in the blood samples of pregnant women infected with malaria parasites attending antenatal in a federal hospital within Nigeria.
3. Evaluating the cholesterol and fasting blood sugar level of albino male Wistar rats fed with a high fat diet.
4. Evaluating the changes in some biochemical parameters of patients undergoing hemodialysis in federal hospitals in Nigeria.
5. A comparative study on the lipid profile and electrolytes in the serum of patients with type2 diabetes.
6. A comparative study on iron deficiency anemia in pregnant women. An investigation into the iron status of pregnant women attending a federal hospital within Nigeria.
7. A comparative evaluation of the lipid profile of Tuberculosis patients undergoing Anti-tuberculosis therapy in a federal hospital within Nigeria.
8. Evaluating serum proteins and electrolyte concentration in hypersensitive patients attending a federal hospital in Nigeria.
9. An investigation into the blood electrolyte pattern in patients with sickle cell disease attending a federal hospital within Nigeria.
10. Investigating the activities and specificity of the enzymes involved in the fermentation of starch from Barley.
11. Investigating the effect of Aloe Vera Gel on liver enzymes in male albino Wistar rats.
12. Investigating the effect of antioxidants on the characteristic lipid per-oxidation activity in glaucoma patients.
Pathology Laboratory Science
Pathology is the study of the causes and effects of disease or injury.
13. Investigating the weight changes and histomorphological effects of marijuana smoking on the brain and testes of adult male albino Wistar rats.
14. Histopathological studies on joint destruction associated with the autoimmune disorder, rheumatoid arthritis.
15. Investigating the neural anatomy of Autism in children attending a federal hospital within Nigeria.
16. Evaluating the Hepatotoxic effect of alcohol consumption in male albino Wistar rats.
17. Examining the implication of marijuana smoking on cardiovascular function in male albino Wistar rats.
18. Assessing the use of Gonad shield during pelvic radiography.
19. Evaluating the Renal and hepatic parameters of children infected with acute malaria attending a federal hospital in Nigeria.
Microbiology Laboratory Science
Microbiology is the study of microscopic organisms, such as bacteria, viruses, archaea, fungi and protozoa.
20. An in-depth study into the bacteria responsible for upper urinary tract infection in children attending a federal secondary school in Nigeria.
21. Evaluating freshly squeezed cow milk for microbial properties.
22. The prevalence of malaria and typhoid among pregnant women in a named state within Nigeria.
23. Investigating the antimalarial activity of scent leaf against laboratory cultivated plasmodium falciparum.
24. Investigating the microbial causes of Gastroenteritis in newborns attending a named federal hospital in Nigeria.
25. The prevalence of Schistosomiasis among pupils attending a named community primary school within Nigeria.
26. Microbial assessment of hawked Suya-meat in a named Nigerian community
27. Investigating the presence of microorganisms in stored Akamu (pap).
28. Identifying the bacteria associated with wound sepsis among adult male attending a federal hospital within Nigeria.
29. Analyzing the microbial strength of three most common antibiotics used in the treatment of urinary tract infection in a named Nigerian state.
30. Isolation of microorganisms associated with fruit spoilage; a case study of 3 most common fruits eaten in Nigeria (banana, pawpaw and pineapple).
31. Antimicrobial evaluation of some common antibiotics used in the treatment of urinary tract infection.
32. Investigating the antibacterial activity of honey on Escherichia coli and staphylococcus aureus isolated from burn wounds of fire accident victims in a federal hospital in a Nigerian state.
33. Investigating the urinary tract infection most common among male students of a named Nigerian tertiary institution.
34. The effect of recurrent urinary tract infection on the liver, kidney and fertility of females.
35. Cytological Evaluation of sputum samples from oil workers in a refinery within Nigeria.
36. Cytological and microbiological investigations of respiratory system and respiratory infections among construction site workers in a state within Nigeria.
37. Investigating the causes, treatment and management of ulcer in pregnant women attending antenatal in a federal hospital within Nigeria.
Virology Laboratory Science
Virology is the study of viral–submicroscopic, parasitic particles of genetic material contained in a protein coat – and virus-like agents.
38. Investigating the prevalence of Ebola virus in the semen of male albino Wistar rats Ebola survivors.
39. An investigation on the prevalence of hepatitis B among HIV positive females attending a federal university within Nigeria.
40. Evaluating the antiviral properties of an interferon-inducible protein (A case study of Viperin)
41. Investigating the effect of an antiviral protein on mitochondrial function; a case study of SAMHD1.
42. Evaluating the techniques used in diagnosis of Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV).
43. The accuracy in the use of ultrasound for the detection of hepatitis.
44. Evaluating the rate of hepatitis, A, B and C infection among inmates in federal prison within Nigeria.
45. A study investigating the level of Immunoglobulins with reference to ABO blood group type in Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) patients.
Hematology and Serology Laboratory Science
Hematology, also spelled haematology, is the branch of medicine concerned with the study of the cause, prognosis, treatment, and prevention of diseases related to blood. And, Serology is the scientific study of serum and other body fluids. In practice, the term usually refers to the diagnostic identification of antibodies in the serum.
46. The efficacy in the use of blood transfusion in managing hematological diseases.
47. Evaluating the ameliorative effect of ethanol seed extract of Artocarpus altilis in anemic induced male albino Wistar rats.
48. Investigating the genetic and epigenetic determinants of Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) pathogenesis.
49. The clinical connection between increased cardiovascular comorbidities and patients suffering from myelodysplastic syndrome and chronic myelomonocytic leukemia.
50. A comparative study investigating the approaches in diagnosis of Myelodysplastic syndromes.
51. Investigating beyond deficiency of iron and copper as a reason for the development of chronic anemia post gastric bypass surgery for the treatment of morbid obesity.
52. Investigating the clinical diagnosis and classification of Lymphoma.
53. A comparative study to ascertain the best fit donor for a haploid stem cell transplantation.
54. Human leukocyte antigen-matched sibling donor transplant vs. haploidentical allograft.
55. Understanding the science involved in granulocyte transfusion.
56. A comparative study on methods employed to ensure the safety of blood bags in hospitals.
57. Acute myocardial infarction; an investigation into the antioxidant status of patients suffering from this disease.
58. Investigating the problems associated with production of hemoglobin oxygen carriers.
59. Investigating the mechanism and therapeutic action of a hormone; a case study of Thrombopoietin receptor agonists.
60. Evaluating abnormal hemoglobin variants and rhesus blood groups among pregnant women attending antenatal care in a federal hospital within Nigeria.
Need Help? Hire A Writer