Xiaomi 13 Pro VS Google Pixel 7 Pro Comparisons
In December 2022, the Chinese company launched its new flagship smartphone, dubbed the Xiaomi 13 Pro, on the home market. At the beginning of 2023, it should appear on the global market, where it will have to compete with the flagship models of other brands. And today we decided to compare Xiaomi 13 Pro with one of its potential competitors, namely, with the Google Pixel 7 Pro introduced last fall.
Design Xiaomi 13 Pro and Google Pixel 7 Pro
- Both Xiaomi 13 Pro and Google Pixel 7 Pro have original designs, but the latter looks definitely more interesting. Unlike many other smartphones, it does not look like an iPhone at all, and attracts attention with a unique horizontal camera insert on the back cover.
- The frame of the smartphone is made of aluminum, and the back cover, like the front panel, is made of glass. The device is protected from dust and moisture in accordance with the IP68 standard. Moreover, among the features of the Google Pixel 7 Pro is a high screen area ratio and an O-shaped hole on top for the front camera.
- If you choose Xiaomi 13 Pro, then you get a display curved at the edges and a special version with a ceramic back panel.
Display Xiaomi 13 Pro and Google Pixel 7 Pro
- Xiaomi 13 Pro. The screens of these smartphones are about the same level. Xiaomi 13 Pro is equipped with a curved 6.73-inch LTPO type OLED panel with a resolution of 3200 × 1440 pixels (QHD+), adaptive refresh rate from 1 to 120 Hz, an in-display fingerprint scanner and support for Dolby Vision and HDR10+.
- Google Pixel 7 Pro. As for the Google Pixel 7 Pro, it has a 6.7-inch AMOLED display, which is also made using LTPO technology. It has a resolution of 3120 by 1440 pixels, an image refresh rate of 120 Hz, HDR10+ certified and built-in fingerprint scanner.
Hardware and software in Xiaomi 13 Pro and Google Pixel 7 ProSpecifications:
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2. In the case of hardware, Xiaomi 13 Pro is noticeably superior to its competitor from Google. The Chinese flagship is equipped with the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 platform, which has eight processing cores and is made in 4 nanometer process. The platform CPU includes one high-performance 3.2GHz Cortex-X3 core, two 2.8GHz Cortex-A715 cores, two 2.8GHz Cortex-A710 cores, and three Cortex-A510, which operate at frequencies up to 2 GHz. The chipset is accompanied by up to 12 GB of RAM and up to 512 GB of internal memory.
- Google Tensor G2. As for the Google Pixel 7 Pro, it is built on the proprietary Google Tensor G2 platform, which cannot boast such a high level of performance than the Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2, and is essentially a rebranded version of one of the Samsung Exynos processors. The memory configuration of the Google flagship is the same as the new Xiaomi smartphone.
Both Xiaomi 13 Pro and Google Pixel 7 Pro come with the latest Android 13 mobile operating system. But the Google smartphone will definitely receive more software updates, in addition, the program support period is longer.
Cameras in Xiaomi 13 Pro and Google Pixel 7 Pro
- IMX989. On paper, the Xiaomi 13 Pro outperforms the competition in terms of cameras as well. It has three 50-megapixel main cameras, developed together with Leica, a well-known manufacturer of optics and photographic equipment.
- Samsung GN1. But the Google Pixel 7 Pro can also impress with its triple main camera, consisting of a 50-megapixel main sensor, a 48-megapixel telephoto module and a 12-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera.
Battery Xiaomi 13 Pro and Google Pixel 7 Pro
The Google Pixel 7 Pro is powered by a 5000mAh battery, which is more than the Xiaomi 13 Pro and in theory should provide longer battery life in some scenarios. On the other hand, the Xiaomi 13 Pro has the advantage of fast 120W wired charging. Also, the new Chinese flagship supports 50W wireless charging.
The Google Pixel 7 Pro starts at $689, while the Xiaomi 13 Pro starts at $899. Note that prices will vary by market.
Advantages of Xiaomi 13 Pro:
- Faster charging;
- Flagship chipset;
- Incredible cameras;
- Built-in storage type UFS 4.0.
Disadvantages of Xiaomi 13 Pro:
Advantages of Google Pixel 7 Pro:
- Longer software support period;
- More regular updates;
- UWB support;
- Big battery.
Disadvantages of Google Pixel 7 Pro:
- Slow charging.
Noticed a tIpoHighlight text and click Ctrl+Enter
Top from this category
Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max Review
Apple is an innovative company, many of what they invent and implement for their smartphones are copied by other...
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra Review
I try not to miss the flagship smartphones of major manufacturers because it is in the flagship devices that they...