Xiaomi Electric Scooter 4 Pro review
An uncompromising version of a smart electric scooter. The new Xiaomi Electric Scooter can reach speeds of up to 25 km/h. The brushless electric motor with a maximum power of 700 W allows you to keep the maximum speed even when climbing 20 percent. Magnetic charging port under a waterproof plug. 12400 mAh battery with 6 types of wear protection, range of 45 kilometers. Vehicle-level energy recovery system for extended range. Foldable body made of aircraft-grade aluminum alloy. A person can weigh up to 120 kg. Price €799.
Three operating modes:
- Mode 1: walking, 0 to 6 km/h
- Mode 2: D, 0 to 20 km/h
- Mode 3: S, 0 to 25 km/h
Maximum power is also reached on slopes up to 20 percent. Maximum power is 700W and nominal power is 300W.
Battery and BMS
The 12400 mAh battery allows you to drive up to 45 kilometers without recharging. Convenient magnetic charging port under the cover. New 5th generation BMS with six ways to protect against battery wear. The battery status can be checked in the Xiaomi Home app. The following types of protection are provided:
- Surge protection.
- Provided against short circuit.
- Avoid automatic under voltage shutdown.
- Double from overcharge.
- Temperature protection.
Improved energy recovery system
The display shows about 8 different real-time data like speedometer, power, operating mode, battery charge and a few more. More sensitive throttle lever for more moderate and smooth speed control. One button control of the entire scooter: the button is responsible for all modes of use. Handle with new material and pattern for better grip.
Brake and lighting
- Braking system. Dual braking system reduces stopping distance. The front wheel has an “E-ABS” system, or anti-lock regenerative braking system. The size of the rear disc brake has increased to 130 millimeters, the problem of disc friction has been fixed. When you press the brake lever, the front and rear brakes come into action 1 for 2.
- Lanterns. Redesigned front and rear lights for better efficiency. The 2.5W front headlight enhances safe driving in low light conditions. Redesigned the corner design for better light dispersion to avoid glare. The rear light is bigger and brighter. Automatically turn on when you turn on the headlight for safety. When you brake, the rear light will alert other vehicles behind you by flashing.
- Reflectors. Reflectors have been added to the front, sides, and more have been added to the rear light for your safety.
Tires and safety
Brand new DuraGel Tire. From their features, we can say that they are 10 inches for excellent cushioning. The tubeless design with self-sealing gel will help you forget about pierced tubes. This scooter is the first in the world to be certified Gold by UL IoT Security Rating. What does this mean?
- Level 3 security certificate
- Each scooter has a unique QR code, which provides an extra layer for authentication.
- Maximum tethering: this is a guarantee that no one can tether the scooter to another device without your consent.
- The new MJA1 security chip, which will provide reliable authentication when connecting to the Xiaomi Home app.
Comparison with Xiaomi Electric Scooter Pro 2
|Name||Scooter Pro 2||Scooter 4 Pro|
|Max Load||100 kg||120 kg|
|Speed||Up to 25 km/h||Up to 25 km/h|
|Battery and stock||12800mAh; 45 km||12400mAh; 45 km|
|Dimensions||118 × 14.2 × 113 cm||119.8 × 48.4 × 124 cm|